Learn How to Buy Silver Bars with This Guide
Silver bars are bullion bars pressed into a rectangular shape, perfect for stacking and storing one on top of the other. Silver bars are a popular choice among investors due to their lower premiums than Silver coins and rounds, making it easier to buy Silver in bulk.
Silver Bullion Bars
Silver bullion bars are Silver objects manufactured for the purposes of storing Silver. Generally, Silver bars are made of .999 fine Silver, which means the object has just under 1% impurities.
Only Silver bullion bars meet strict standards to be stamped with their .999 quality mark, showing good quality. Silver bullion bars can be produced with Silver from various sources, but Silver mined from the earth is by far the most common Precious Metal used to make Silver bars.
If Silver is something you are looking to invest in, Silver bars are a great way to do this. Silver bars offer lower premiums and come in various sizes, making them perfect for investors of all levels. When buying Silver bars, it is essential only to purchase bars consisting of .999 fine pure Silver to ensure you are receiving quality products.
A Size to Fit Any Budget and Collection
When buying Silver bars, investors have a few choices to make. The first decision is the size of the bar. Silver bars come in various sizes, from 1 gram to 10 kg. Once you decide on the size of the bar, you must then choose the brand. Many reputable brands produce high-quality bars, such as the U.S. Mint, Johnson Matthey, Engelhard and many more.
It would be best to determine the price you are willing to pay. The cost of Silver bars will vary depending on the bar’s size, brand, and condition. Some Silver bars can be more expensive than others, but for the most part, Silver bars offer a lower premium than Silver bullion coins, such as Silver Eagles.
Comparing Bullion Products
Comparing Silver bars to Silver coins or rounds is the best way to determine what you want to purchase. While both Silver coins and rounds can be an affordable way to buy Precious Metals, they will always carry a more significant premium than bars. Also, there are fewer coins and rounds available compared to bars, which means you will have fewer options if looking for a particular design.
Finally, Silver bullion bars are easy to store because they stack easily. If the goal of your investments is to save for emergencies or future purchases, then stacking Silver bars would be easier than storing silver coins or rounds.
When it comes to Silver bullion, bars are a great way to invest in this Precious Metal. Silver bars offer a lower premium, come in various sizes, and are easy to store. For these reasons, Silver bars should be at the top of your list when purchasing Silver bullion products.
Top Quality Silver Bar Mints
Typically, Silver bars are produced at private mints to make the wide variety in sizes in today’s market. Any sizes ranging from fractional sizes to larger Silver bars, a private mint makes a bar for any purchasing or investment strategy to best accommodate your budget and storage space. APMEX works closely with many of these globally recognizable mints, producing high-quality and well-known products, including:
- 9Fine Mint – 9Fine Mint Silver bars boast conventional manufacturing combined with contemporary packaging and sharp lines, making a perfect piece for any investor. The packaging features custom orange and black coloring for a visually appealing component for anyone who wishes to display their investments as well.
- APMEX Stackable Bars – Each Silver bar features APMEXclusive® raised, textured rims for easy stacking and storage for as many bars as you would like to collect. The easy stacking technique allows investors to appreciate the stacking details or create impressive displays. With size options ranging from 1 gram to 1 kilo, APMEX Stackable bars truly have something for every investor.
- Credit Suisse – These Silver bars are backed by the Credit Suisse Bank of Switzerland, containing a guaranteed .999 fineness. Each bar is stamped with its weight, purity, and the globally well-known Credit Suisse logo to attest to its quality.
- Engelhard – For over 100 years, Engelhard has provided high-quality Silver to people worldwide. Perfect for both beginner and experienced investors, Engelhard Silver bars come in various sizes for any budget and investment strategies.
- Geiger – With a tradition of excellence dating back to 1218 in Germany, Geiger Silver bars are struck to precise specifications and include security features to guarantee their authenticity. With a range of bar sizes and a unique look, investors will have a bar that feels like one of a kind in their collection with Geiger Silver.
- Johnson Matthey – Ranging in sizes from 1 ounce to 100 ounces, Johnson Matthey Silver bars contain .999 fine Silver. Each bar is stamped with its exact weight and Silver content to guarantee your investment. The design has become famous on its own, featuring a logo of crossed hammers with the refinery name, lending the recognition of this fine product to your Silver bar.
- PAMP Suisse – Featuring a portrait of the famous Roman goddess of Fortune, “Fortuna,” typically depicted on the company’s products, PAMP Suisse Silver bars are die-struck and guaranteed to contain .999 fine Silver. The image of Fortuna is easily recognizable to investors worldwide as a symbol of PAMP’s history and success, making it a great addition to any portfolio.
- Pioneer Metals – Available exclusively through APMEX, Pioneer Metals Silver bars are made in the U.S.A with low premiums, unique designs, and various sizes. These cast-poured bars are an easy choice for any investor looking to purchase Silver without the complication of choosing between hundreds of sovereign options.
- Royal Canadian Mint – Ranging in size from 1 oz to 100 oz, Royal Canadian Mint Silver bars contain .9999 fine Silver. The Royal Canadian Mint has stamped each bar with its exceptional Silver purity directly into each bar for authenticity. Featuring the well-known images of the sugar maple leaf along with the RCM logo, this is a Silver bar everyone will recognize for its outstanding quality.
- Valcambi – As a leading Swiss refiner known for its quality and remarkable craftsmanship, Valcambi Silver bars are among the highest quality Silver an investor can choose for their portfolios. With sizes varying from 1 gram up to 1 kilo, Valcambi stamps each bar with its weight and purity to guarantee every investor’s assurance and guarantee.
Buying Silver Bars Online from APMEX
Buying Silver Bars for sale online with APMEX, or over the phone, with our customer service associates promises a safe and protected delivery of high-quality products. If you have any issues while placing your order on Silver Bars with APMEX, we are eager to help. Our team of highly trained customer service representatives can answer any questions by telephone or email. Our APMEX team can be reached at (800) 375-9006 or service@APMEX.com.
Find the perfect Silver products to expand your collection today.
Silver Bars make for good investment opportunities; for any questions regarding the eligibility of any specific Silver Bars for your investment portfolios, please consult a professional or your financial advisor.